Admin Fee Charges for Jetstar
Anyway, since the last article, it has been about 5 months, and we got some bad news for you. 2 bad news, to be exact.
1) Jetstar just increased the selected seats fee from $4 per passenger per way to $5. This means for a round trip, you will have to pay a minimal of $10, instead of $8.
2) You must pay for the admin fee charges now,it seems like they removed the option of paying via Sam machine which you can save on admin charges. This was covered is our previous article.
**Edit: The payment for offline is still available if your trip is 2 weeks or longer from the day you make the booking. Use this tip to save on your admin fees.
Unless you hold a Jetstar credit card, or the trip do not require an admin fee to be charged. According to the website, there are “some” trips that you do not have to pay for admin fee charges. We tweaked some famous destinations like Taipei, no luck.
Now for the seat selection.
Seat selection for Jetstar.
- if you are truly a budget warrior like us, take the $5 seat.
- if you are kiasu (means afraid to lose out), and every minute counts for you, take the $13 seat.
- if you must to stretch out your legs for the trip, take the $30 non-budget seat.
Terms and condition on non-$5 seats.
Physically fit. Can lift 15kg door and throw it out. You might need to go for a 15kg dummy door lift test before boarding, I am not sure.
Let us know what you think about the admin fees and seat selections.