Phuket is one of the most sought after tourists’ destinations in Asia. Clean beaches, crystal clear waters, and a myriad of activities from snorkeling to night activities like drinking at a bar to cater to your travelling needs. Whether you are going with your family, friends or loved ones, there is always something to do at Phuket.
If you are looking for a hotel near the malls and main area, try getting a hotel within the Patong area. It is the main area and you can check out the highly popular hotel – Burasari Resort. It is very near to beach area and clean.
Top things to do at Phuket.
Island Tour to Phi Phi Islands.
Take an island tour package to visit the most popular Phi Phi Islands. The typical package to visit the Phi Phi island look like this:
0800 – Vehicle (8 seater van typically) will pick you up at your hotel.
0830 – You will reach the Rassada Pier where you will attend a short briefing about the tour. They will tell you some intros and safety precautions to take.
0900 – Board Speed boat to Phi Phi Ley island.
1000 – 1045- Reach Phi Phi island. The journey will take about 45mins to 1 hour. Once at this island, you are free to explore for about 45 minutes.
1045-1115 Tour to Maya Bay. The Speed Boat will stop around for you to take pictures and the on-board tour guide will explain more about the Maya Bay.
1115 – 1200 – Reach Phi Phi Don island.
1200 – 1300 – Here you will have 1 hour lunch break. The buffet is free (included in your package). On this island, there is also a souvenir shop but the items they sell is very expensive. A beach towel will cost 400 Baht. You can negotiate, but typically won’t bring the price any much lower. You can enjoy the beach and relax after lunch.
1300 – 1330 – Sightseeing Pileh Cove and Viking Cave. The ferry will stop for you near the area. Here, you can feed the monkeys and take pictures.
1330 – 1400 – Snorkeling at Loh Samah Bay for about 30 minutes or so.
1400- 1430 – Journey to Khai Nok Island.
1430- 1630 – About 2 hours spent on this island. You can swim, snorkel, drink (they sell beers and liquor too), eat, relax here. But everything here you pay. Beach chairs 150 Baht each. Ice cream, 200 Baht each, etc.
1630- 1700 –Back to pier. The pick-up van will be there to bring you back to your hotel.
Note: This is a typical arrangement. The times will be altered due to weather conditions the places visited might be arranged differently. That said, what mentioned above is already the picture.
Some very important tips while booking the Phi Phi Island package:
1) The package for this should be in the range of 1200-1400 baht per person for speed boats. This is no matter whether it is high season or not. High season is just a word for them to charge higher prices, so some might be reluctant to negotiate lower.
2) The package price is inclusive of pick up from hotel, tour on ferry, lunch and transport back to hotel. You should pay for no extra charges.
3) Book 1 day in advance. By this we mean if you are going for a trip tomorrow, book it by around noon today. During popular times, the seats might sell out quickly.
4) There are 2 types of speed boats, 3 engine and 5 engine. Take the 5 engine speed boat for better seat arrangements (classrooms style arrangements). The 3 engine speedboats have seats arranged in circles, and you might have to “fight” for seat space with inconsiderate tourists.
5) Speed boats vs Ferry. Speed boats are faster, more time spent on tourists spots. Ferries are slower, more time spent on-board. Ferries tickets are cheaper.
6) Travel booths are everywhere in Patong area. We got the best price at a booth near the Jungceylon shopping centre.
A more comprehensive guide is underway. Join us on our facebook to get updates and future articles. Have fun =)